Wednesday, March 21, 2007

I dont speak boy!

Well ladies and gents yours truly has just come back from a date and I am confused as all hell!

Okay so for the purpose of privacy we shall call my date Mr. Date just so it’s easier to follow. Anyway let me begin the storey:

It happened on a Saturday night when I was out with the ladies having an awesome time and I got perhaps the most drunk I have been since my birthday (for those of you who where not there to witness my drunk rampage on my birthday let me put it to you this way it was the most drunk I have ever been in my whole life), so I met this guy and we danced and flirted and I gave him my number, next day I get a message one things leads to another and he asks me out and after a few days of thinking abut it I agreed.

Today after work I went and met him all was fine we went to grab a bite to eat a nice place he chose (nice choice on his behalf) and things were going well, you know we were but a little nervous but that’s to be expected.

So after we had both done eating he drops this line on me "if I leave now I can make it to work on time." -now he didn’t mention to me once that he had work so I thought it was his way of getting out of what he thought was a bad date.

I thought to myself okay this is not going the way I had thought it was, but then he grabbed my hand to hold it, which was nice so I thought yeah maybe he does have work, then we walked to the train station and he said
"...so I will call you, sometime?"
"Yeah defiantly" -I responded. Then he leant in and kissed me.

Now I know the ending is good but why didn’t he tell me he had work? Is this the male way of putting a girl down easily? Did he really have work and if so why didn’t he tell me OR above all am I reading too much into things?

10 Comments:

At 3:43 pm, March 21, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well...
maybe he just had work
everything else points to the way of hes a good guy....
thats pretty much it

 
At 7:55 pm, March 21, 2007, Blogger J.S. said...

Yeah, sounds fine to me Belinda, stress less!

 
At 1:15 am, March 22, 2007, Blogger Ciaran said...

Very good post belinda!

well if he truly want's thing' to happen with him and you?
he shouldnt be crashing out on dates and saying he has work and making it look smooth?

Or he really has work? and doesnt want to get out of a early date?

anyway good luck with this dude
if your gon a keep on seeing the bloke?

bye
W.B

 
At 6:53 am, March 22, 2007, Blogger Danimal said...

My guess, he had to work.

If you start second guessing everything when dating you'll got nuts. You have to take things at face value until you find out otherwise.

He'll call.

And good luck.

 
At 11:36 am, March 22, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Oh, Oh!! I know the answer to this one. PICK ME, PICK ME!!

Ummm. Maybe he did have to work, but didn't tell you before hand it wasn't putting a damper on the whole date.

Or. Maybe he was trying to get out of the date. Was he dressed for work??

Or... Maybe you are reading into things to much. This is the most likely answer, and this happens to me quiet a bit. Stupid brain, why do you do that.

But there is one more possible explanation! He might have to go to work. And he might not of known until that moment that he had to go to work.

Just think!! Peter Parker, Clark Kent! If he was a super hero, he isn't going to tell you on the first date!! And maybe he wasn't lying about having to go to work!!

 
At 9:16 am, March 24, 2007, Blogger Urkat said...

Bee, Did he ask you out for a date, or did he just make a date to have lunch with you? The thing about not telling you he'd be cutting out for work is a bit unsettling. It sounds like he wants to keep things veeeery casual. If I were you I'd be concerned. If you're an accurate reporter, I think this guy is going to run at the first mention of the word committment. Maybe you shouldn't mention that word?!

 
At 10:16 am, March 31, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK... so you were right, but you have done it as long as i have known you!! You read too far into everything... it is ok to be careful!! but not too careful!! Wheres is the fun in that?? You only live once so make the most of it while you're still here

 
At 10:17 am, March 31, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh bugger, I'm late to this entry and it's probably old news now.. but anyway! Well.. my advice is that guys are generally a bit dumb. On the other hand, top birds like yourself generally attract the decent less-dumb ones :) so I think you're fine. That isn't really advice is it? It's reassurance, right? If he didn't call you back, then... well like you would want him if he's that kinda guy! and if he did.. tell me about it!
You would get extra 50 kudos if his actual surname was Date lol. Then he'd be Mr Date lol... obviously tee hee.

 
At 10:21 am, March 31, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd interpret that as he did have work and thought you were so wonderful that he just couldn't wait to take you out, gorgeous! End of story!

 
At 7:05 am, May 27, 2007, Blogger Urkat said...

One reason it's so hard to find sensitive, thoughtful, caring guys: they all have boyfriends.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home