Thursday, January 25, 2007

Only Me

Ladies and gents if this doesn't get you giggling I don't know what will.

So you all know how much I love my mobile phone anyone who has been around me long enough knows that I use it all the time and not just for talking and text but for photos too, oh how I love photos. Anyway lately my phone has been playing up and being really dodgy it won't even let me use the camera features! So yesterday I gave my providers a call and told them about the crappiness which my beloved phone had become and they said it'd cost me about two hundred dollars to get fixed… If I had two hundreds dollars I wouldn't be using it to get my phone fixed!

Whilst thinking of ways to get my hands on a new phone it occurred to me I could pull a sneaky and say that I though someone had 'stolen' my phone and my insurance would pay for I new one. Now I know how horrible that sounds but why should I have to pay so many dollars a month when my handset is only costing me to pay off $6.75 a month over 24 months (yes I actually read my contract with the miniscule print) and the sim I put a plan on is barred because I love to talk so its best if I'm on prepaid. Having thought all of this through I thought right I'll do it!

Today I had an interview at an ungodly hour of the morning 9:30 am for you normal folk and then after that I was going to go make my claim as I was already in the city, when my interview was over I was fishing around in the monstrosity of a bag that I was carrying but I couldn't find my phone, I had lost it! All my contacts/photos/film all gone I was so upset, so this time I really had to go make a claim. First I went to the police station, then to my providers then I had to call the insurance company but because my phone is registered under mums name she had to call them. So I left all the details with Dani to pass onto ma. All the while I thought at leats now I'm going to get my new phone.

After all this had happened I thought 'I might as well purchase a new sim card because I'm going to need one anyway' and I changed my provider. I got to thinking about how I'd contact all the people I needed to and most of which I don't have their home phone numbers so I got angry thinking that it'd take at least a week for them to send me a new phone.

When I arrived home I called mum to see if she had rang the insurance company and she paused and said "as I was on the phone to them someone called you dad saying that they had found your phone..." I was so excited I didn't lose any of my stuff "…but the insurance people heard the whole conversation so you're not going to get a new phone." ONLY ME!

6 Comments:

At 3:48 pm, January 25, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YEY!! i want a new phone :P

 
At 3:51 pm, January 25, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've been punk'd by yer mum.

 
At 5:20 pm, January 25, 2007, Blogger Unknown said...

Gotta love how things just dont go the way you plan. Always have a Plan B. My 'B' would've been along the lines of taking over a radio station with fake guns to try and get some airplay... no wait that's the plot for Airheads. Oh well.

 
At 3:26 am, January 26, 2007, Blogger Ciaran said...

hahaha well.........
It was a very fun story to read
Before I got my new phone I had this crappy one..I never had a phone before....You see I love taking photo's with it like you..
But something stupid has happened..
I had to buy this attachment for the phone and it was like 80 euro..
And the phone was like 99 euro.
Then my phone went crappy like yours.... The battery lasted 30 mins..I got a new phone..I could take photo's and stuff..
so I have a new phone..But after a while I got bored and just use it for phoning people..
I got a laptop for x mas..
So i fell out completly with the phone..
so interesting story ..
and i am sure you will get a better phone some day..
Blog on
( zaaapppme.blogspot.com )

 
At 5:03 pm, January 28, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aw haha what a morning! At least you got your phone back.. and there weren't any rude photos on it haha .. or where there?!

a new phone would have been nice though.. mine's fucked. a coke can exploded on mine lol. wetness.

good luck with the interview and any others that may be coming up or just passed :D

 
At 5:04 pm, January 28, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm, maybe you need to be a little more proactive in actually 'losing' your phone.......
say no more.......
or perhaps just meditate each day and visualize a new phone coming into your life....
just ask fellow besty matty how good life has been treatin him of late since he began meditatin and visualising each day.....
I know it may not be easy, but criminy it sure does work.
lotsa love ur way, and hope Sunday is being glorious to you.
x
Spray

 

Post a Comment

<< Home