Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Giacch on the window

After a couple of months of dryness and more drought and water restrictions to come it finally rained, not for long and not hard but it rains, enough to let things be washed clean and to let mother nature hold on for a little while longer. For me the rain today brings…promise of something I can’t put my finger on what but I know there is something brewing. This drought has got me thinking of two things, the first being what will happen in the future when I water is almost gone and two the elections coming up. I’d like to address the second thing first, yes we have a drought and yes elections are coming up instead of the idiots that are running for places in power what are they going to do about the current drought situation, ask them that and lets see the plans for it then we can talk about who I’m going to vote for. Now the first thing second, today we have water, but what about tomorrow I’m all for living in the moment but you have to sometimes take into consideration what’s going to happen in the future, what if there is no water for the kiddies of tomorrow? With all the technological advances and knowledge we have today surely people will stop having 20 minute showers and start preserving what we have left so that people don’t have to suffer. Every time you turn on the tv you will undoubtedly see a commercial for a third world child who has no matter, is that what we want for the generations to come? So I beg you to be part of the solution and not part of the problem so save some water. For those of you wondering what on earth is she on about when I say giacch on the window its my little Italian abbreviation for giacchio which is ice, anyone who has ever seen me at macca’s chomping on the ice from my coke knows what I’m on about.

7 Comments:

At 11:53 am, November 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i chop on my ice too...

 
At 1:42 pm, November 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

its beautiful hahaha i didnt read it but you told me to comment lol

 
At 1:42 pm, November 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

er.....Bob's yer uncle!

 
At 4:45 pm, November 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you know that there is still the same amount of water on/in the Earth now than there was 4000 years ago? Someone has to much of it!

 
At 11:38 pm, November 15, 2006, Blogger brad said...

Yep, the fresh water supply is another critical issue. Some people still leave the water running while they brush their teeth, oh, and shaving in the shower is another one, etc.

I mentioned the recent story about overfishing on my blog. It all comes down to too many people. How many are sustainable?

 
At 5:33 am, November 16, 2006, Blogger Poks said...

rock nerd is right... same amount of water (give or take 5%) as there was 4000 years ago. How many more of us are there since that time?

Of all the water in the world, only 3% is fresh. 97% of all the water on Earth is salty or brine. And of all the fresh water in the world, only 1/3 is in liquid form. The rest is in the polar caps or exists as ice bergs.

Go figure the finiteness of our water resources. And then we pollute them. Then we do not want to use technology to allow us to use water that we have polluted. (See a previous blog I wrote).

World War III will be fought over water. Conserve water, prevent war, drink beer!!!

 
At 2:57 pm, November 18, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

Christ i remember learning about water wastage on sesame street... Don't kids watch that show anymore???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home