Friday, October 06, 2006

Classics die hard

When I was younger there was nothing better then going to my nonni's (grandparents) place and sitting and watching the old time movies that my aunty had tapped and loved, the movies that I enjoyed in particularly were the ones with Jerry Lewis and Dean Martin because they were a fantastic comedy duo and the storey line of the movie was always good. To this day I still want to watch stuff like, Mr. Bean, all the Carry On's, old Disney movies (not cartoons) and in general old style cartoons, there was nothing better! Even today when I get in my reminiscing moods I put 'Mary Poppins' on and sing along, I think of 'Scared Stiff' and I still laugh at Jerry's performance when he is trying to motivate himself in the hall way”‘ Myron....Myron...MYRON!", it cracks me up! But what do the kiddies have today to make them laugh and keep them entertained? Crappy cartoons and movies that should not be released don’t even get me started of some of the music out there today! And one other thing, I know that sex sells right, I get it, but haven’t we taken it a little far? If I see one more half naked sixteen year old on MTV coming out of somebody’s bed I will scream, this is not entertainment people, what happened to talent? People who could actually get up LIVE and sing? You give the kids crap to watch and see and then wonder why they reflect that behaviour in which we allow to be pushed in-front of them, I mean come on! This is why ladies and gents I have gone into my memory and pulled out the classics, I’m talking cartoons like Captain Planet, music form any member of the Rat Pack and movies, like Scared Stiff. How could anyone not find Jerry Lewis funny I mean really, so for me and my ways the classics will die hard.

7 Comments:

At 9:54 am, October 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree. Old stuff is the best, but I do love a good disney cartoon movie here and there. Its cos I'm still a child at heart.

Dean and Jerry. The best duo to hit the big time since sliced bread!

They rock my socks.

We live in the mtv generation bee, there aitn nothing we can do to stop it, it afraid. Don't worry. For every naked 16 yr old that walks out of the bedroom, there will be us hitting them over the head with rubber mallets telling them that they need to get a life

 
At 11:12 am, October 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not to my taste, but we all have these little idiosyncracies, and that's part of the fun of reading someones blog, you get to find out about those wrinkles.

J.S.

 
At 7:16 pm, October 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree!!!!! besides high school musical lol but other than that u cant beat a classic!!!!!

 
At 3:58 pm, October 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

there are reasons why they never die, simply because generations can enjoy them.

Plus Captin Planet, "he's a hero"!

 
At 11:21 pm, October 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved Captain Planet! And there was another cartoon... with the Smoggies or something. And the sun tots... I really don't remember. and Astro Boy, Belle and Sebastian. So many cool cartoons! When I used to stay with my nan I would always watch the original version of the Wizard of Oz.

Other old stuff is cool, I really like Marlon Brando movies, especially the 50s/60s ones like Streetcar and Julius Caesar, and the Wild One and Viva Zapata... all of them really.

I think the kids have plenty to laugh at these days. Each other! lol. Those crazy kids and the crazy things they get up to...lol.

Ugh. I'm so old!

 
At 8:22 pm, October 08, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

What about classic horror movies i remember when i lived at home watching all of the classic (b-grade) horror movies on pay-tv. They were great, wish it was as easy to see them now... but i don't even have a television, let alone paying for extra channels.

 
At 9:09 am, November 04, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE JERRY LEWIS!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home