Sunday, October 22, 2006

More then sex but less then love

Ladies and gents I’m at that stage where all I want is some affection and fun, I’m not ready to get into a full on relationship just yet because I don’t want to fall in love again, I’m still getting over last relationships, so what do I do? I thought of turning to some mates who I know could give me both, but I don’t want to ruin what we have, see I want something that will be a clean break and I know that’s easier said then done especially because I need those cuddles and everyone knows cuddles can be very intimate and tricky when you throw hormones into the mix. Is it even possible to find what I am looking for, as honest as I am about what I want can a person be equally as honest and say that’s all that they want? Yes I admit that the whole thing sounds a tad bit strange and it may seem that I would only be using the person but if we can have no-string-attached sex and great cuddles at no costs who have to say that you can’t have both? I know for a fact its not just me who wishes that there was such a thing as service you could call and ask for this stuff (there is a great business idea for the bold and the stupid) cause everyone gets a little lonely and a little heart broken from time to time, and your mates can only do so much. I suppose this is what dating is all about then hey, trying before you buy and getting that affection, but who can truly be bothered going out on dates with people you are not interested in just to get what you want, especially when you only want that affection and fun and they are looking for more, a sex buddy can’t cuddle you and tell you sweet nothings because its not their jobs. And when you enter a relationship to get both the fun and affection how do you stop yourself or your partner of choice from falling because its not meant to be that way, its just supposed to be a fix to get over the pain? I’ve just answered my own question, hello rebound relationship, but wouldn’t it be nice not to hurt anyone’s feelings, get what you want and be selfish about it in the process So how does a person find something that is more then sex but less then love without doing any damage?

11 Comments:

At 10:13 pm, October 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those extras that are more than just sex usually come from feelings of affection: love.

Cuddling without sex or love is something that works for some people.

 
At 1:58 pm, October 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

bee first of all I luv u and u know that and secondly there is no way of having more then sex but less then love, everyone has feeling and there is no way to know if the other person (or even yourself) won’t get hurt. Relationships are hard and you can get hurt, time heals all wounds and that’s all you need.

Your friends are going to be there for you forever and wanting sex will most likely screw things up (no pun intended). Give it time and you might have a one night stand with no string attached.

 
At 2:03 pm, October 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Call me crazy, but i believe the whole person being in a relation ship, that relationship ending for better or worse, then that person dealing with things and hopefully moving on to a new and fulfilling relationship in due coarse. I know some people look for one night stands and the like in the meantime but i dont think thats the person you look to for cuddles and stuff like that. to me cuddling and comforting is what you get from your partner along with the sex and happy times and difficult times(not to many hopefully) But the no strings attached relationship seems to be more about purely satisfying ones sexual needs and the like. Maybe im wrong but thats just how i see it.:-)

 
At 2:19 pm, October 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmmm....i think it is to much of a tricky situation and i dont think it is possible as much as it would be nice to beable to have this at some stages...but im not one for commenting on this situation because i either just want sex or i get to attatched and there is no such thing as a clean break....

 
At 8:25 pm, October 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

when u find out please let me know cos that'd be great.

 
At 9:44 am, October 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't be done. You've been watching "Closer", you ought to know that by now. Unfortunately, sex is a 'shit or get off the pot' propostion. If you try to use it for anything else, it destroys your life (and yes, I realize how that sounds, and yes I really mean it). Do not underestimate the loaded weapon-like qualities of sex.

 
At 10:27 am, October 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, im not with my gf anymore and yea, lil affection off a chik im freinds wit wouldnt be 2 bad but i show affection and kiss/sex casue i like them, not casue i can -MITCH

 
At 2:04 pm, October 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What you describing would be lovely for you, however where do you draw the line between friendship & "relationship"? Because having what you describe above...it would be pretty much the same thing - & even if it started out not being a "relationship", it may turn into one. Or worse - it does for only one person! That's where things get messy

I do get what you're trying to say though, even though the above may not necessarily convey that. But I have concluded you need a snowman. You know, like the one off the chewing gum add? Except yours could be male! & the snowman is totally cute!

I love these smilies!

 
At 4:11 am, October 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reading the previous posts, it seems you should call me "Lucky" then.

Being in a foreign land for more than 3 months, I have met up with a local lady who gives me the companionship and the sex that Belinda is seeking. We laid the rules early on. I am in a relationship and will not be staying in her country longer than what is needed to finish my job. She is not looking to be tied down either cause she will be seeking greener pastures in another country as well. However, the first night we met, we clicked both in terms of the mind and the body.

It has been 6 weeks since we started out. Sex is still great, conversation after sex is a constant, and sleeping with her arms around me and mine around her is a nice "blanket" for nights in a foreign land. Clubbing, drinking, being with her friends, being with my friends, everything is there.

I do think that we have something more than sex but definitely less than love. Well this is how I see it as of now but confirmation of this would be when my lady talks about it as well.

I don't think that this kind of a relationship (if you can call it that) is possible between friends. There would be an existing feeling of affection (whether physical or mental) between the two and therefore "hurt" is a certainty if you seek this from friends.

 
At 12:10 pm, October 26, 2006, Blogger Urkat said...

Bee, Maybe you could do a blog entry titled "More than a one night stand but less than marriage." Ha ha. Anyway, don't stop.Urkat

 
At 1:33 pm, October 28, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

If you just want cuddles... you could always get into the clubbing scene... all the pill poppers will hug you and not even care who you are, i get it all the time, it's fun... Or you could just get a dog (unconditional love all the way).
What your talking about was one of the things that kept going through my head when was depressed, so don't let it get to you. It takes a while but it does get easier to meet people.
I haven't been dating for sometime, and have actually turned down ppl (never been able to do that before). I have actually had a so-called f##k buddy, it was pretty good... we meet up once or twice a month for no strings sex. But i got bored of one-nighters and ended it.
So now i'm trying a bit of a celibacy thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home