Tuesday, October 17, 2006

And it blew my mind

Ladies and gents this blog post is dedicated to my friend Michael who is living proof that nice guys don’t finish last.

In the last few weeks I have switched on my pessimist mood and have been seeing the glass as half empty rather then half full, and this will happen to everyone occasionally, and in this time I have began to rethink life and what it means and how it affects us all, so basically I have gone on a theoretical journey through my mind. Sine doing this I have really lost faith in man kind and seeing the world as a horrible place, and recent events which have happened globally would suggest that I am somewhat correct. Then something strange happened, it was even stranger because this event caught my totally off guard, I had a conversation with a stranger that would change me, and that’s all we did talk, nothing in particular was discussed but it just changed me, it switched on the optimist inside and I started seeing the good in things again. Like last night I had to yell at my friend to make them see the good in themselves and how they were the only person to make things change from their current sticky circumstances, by the end of it I know I had gotten through to this person but two days prior I would have said to hell with them. Also I found out that my mate Michael was offered something spectacular and it made me so happy because he is one of the most selfless people I will ever know and this will set him up. Congrats again Michael I couldn’t think of anyone who deserves is more then you Sometimes it takes the smallest things to make us realise the good in people and the world, and I found that and got it from a total stranger, so thank you C, you know who you are. Truly wonderful things in life happen when you leats expect them to, and when it does happen in blows your mind, so always have faith cause when that something wonderful comes along it will be worth is.

6 Comments:

At 9:07 pm, October 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah...maybe actually...I have this antipicatory feeling, the like of which I haven't experienced in over a year...and the idea that this sets up for dissapointment has temporarily been pushed to the side. I am not used to waiting the days out in a...content mood, with a genuine smile.

There's a suspicion on my part that your incessant optimism may have played a role in this Belinda. So thank you, you simply refuse to allow people to wallow sometimes, that's a tenacity that is deserving of praise.

Congratulations to this friend of yours Michael...

 
At 7:14 am, October 18, 2006, Blogger Urkat said...

We must try to remember the world is full of good, kind, caring people. We all oscillate between pessimistic and optimistic moods. I try not to judge things when I'm in a down cycle. Thanks Bee. I appreciate your thoughtful approach to life. You've been a blessing.

 
At 11:31 am, October 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We all have our days when we are consumed with the misconception of no "good" being left in the world anymore. It really does depend on perspective however. &, of course, it is always when we're in this type of mood that we are so unwilling to change our perspective.

A couple of things that have stood out in my experiences was when I had a ticket machine swallow my $10...all the money I had & I needed to be somewhere...a guy paid for my all day full fare zone 1,2&3 ticket just because I "seem like a nice girl". Total stranger! Which was very kind. But most of all, when I went on a roller coaster ride once & the woman who sat with me, I was told by a friend of hers, didn't speak any English. Despite the language gap, we were able to communicate perfectly; we knew we where both scared, reassured each other, made each other laugh & congratulated each other when we survived. & we both left, giving each other grateful smiles, knowing that we had both made a new international friend. It doesn't matter who or where a person is, you can always relate to them, or find something you like in everyone. Because, no matter how unlikely it seems at times, there is good in all people

 
At 12:19 pm, October 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

its a really good blog which delivers a message of hope and positivity, positivity is infectious too, sure it might help cheer a few people up =)

 
At 8:32 pm, October 18, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

So, you've been putting alot of thought into your posts of late... Hey it makes for an interesting read, keep up the good work.

 
At 10:25 pm, October 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. ... Thank you for making me see sense!
Its hard to see that good things will come if you dont believe in it yourself. So thank you bee

WISE WOMAN SHE IS!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home