Tuesday, August 29, 2006

“You loved Good Charlotte?!”

Today I wanted to get creative, originally I was going to hack up the old wood door in the garage and make a book-self, but mum thought it would be better just to buy one, so I better be getting a book-self sometime soon or else the door gets it! Anyway I decided to change my room around, and I found all of old diaries from high-school and stuff and it flipped me out! So many good memories, searched for the albums that I used to listen to day in and out, keep in mind I was going through my ‘punk’ rebellious phase at the time. So I threw in the Good Charlotte (old ones, none of the new stuff) and I went mental, I was dancing and singing and thinking of all the good times past, it was awesome! Even back then I knew what I wanted to do, I wanted to go to uni and study and have awesome friends, boyfriend, have my own place and my car so I could up and leave whenever I wanted to mean three years ago I was listening to what was known as ‘punk’, had heaps of friends and all I wanted to do was go out and get smashed everyday, things didn’t go that way though. I still have similar goals now but I am thinking about what will I be like in three years from now? Now my goals and who I am is different, I listen to all genres of music I want to study more then anything, I have less friends (but closer ones), have the boyfriend, am so poor I cant even afford to go out once a week, no car, and I’m lucky if I drink once a month! Not that this is bad stuff…it actually worked out for the better! So I want to know what was everyone was like three years ago and did they end up the way they wanted to?

8 Comments:

At 7:48 pm, August 29, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

3 years ago... i would have been 15 and in year 10 at a highschool that i hated. the was pre parli days, pre ymca, and pretty much pre anything that is my life now.

my entire group of friends have changed since then, im probably only in contact with 2 or three of them still. At the time I wanted to get into journalism, and here i am doing a teaching degree. At 15 I hated kids, and now I can't stay away.

3 years down the track things are finally settling down, I have several groups of friends that i love, i have an amazing boyfriend who ive been with for almost a year, and most of all, most of the time I'm happy. As a 15 year old, I was far from it.

 
At 7:55 pm, August 29, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

I never kept a diary so i don't have anything like that to look over days past, i just have to hope i remember them. But i know what you mean, i used to be into Death Metal and i think half my school expected me to join some satanic cult. Of course the ones who i have seen since leaving school have been shocked to learn that i'm the freak dancing at clubs every weekend. But unlike you i never knew what i wanted to do with my life.

 
At 9:08 pm, August 29, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It would take me about a hundred thousand words to explain all the way i've changed in the past three years. Name an aspect of life and its done a 180 for me, career, looks, desires, past times, loves, hates, attitudes, everything and anythign i've changed, and all for the better I think. Thats one of the best things about life, if your not changing your not growing, so i say embrace change!

By the way cut up the door, it will make a much cooler bookshelf than some cheap looking thing from IKEA.

 
At 9:21 am, August 30, 2006, Blogger Urkat said...

I went through a punk phase, wore leather and rode a motorcycle which you Aussies probably call a moti or something. Drank, got high, was wild all the time, listening to avant garde jazz, etc. Now I work a lot, go to school, have a wife and step-kids, help look after my elderly parents, not much time for friends. Now I imagine what it would be like to sit and watch the birds and butterflies for an afternoon. Sometimes my own backyard seems incredibly far away.

 
At 12:16 pm, August 30, 2006, Blogger Urkat said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6:18 am, September 04, 2006, Blogger Urkat said...

Bee, What's up? You've been unusually silent lately. Hope everything's alright. Best, M

 
At 3:42 pm, September 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I havnât really changed much. I mean I have put on a couple of kilos and now I have boobs but I think Iâm still the same person inside. I pretty much hav the same friends and goals I always had but life just isnât goin my way. But in 2007 Iâm the new assie idol and ur goin 2 be there with me every step (or else!). jk lol

Nikki

 
At 5:29 pm, September 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still here dude, i remember that phase! When we used to chill in outside on the concrete! I remember! We still rock! not gonna get rid o' me hon! luv ya

 

Post a Comment

<< Home