Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Honesty is not always the best policy

Ladies and gents, I'm really angry at the moment so if this piece is a little off and I seem as if I'm rambling pay bare with me the storey does have a point to it. When I was younger I used to lie to my parents, nothing big but the usual stuff, where I was going what I was doing and whom I was with, pretty basic stuff yeah. Well now that I'm older and (hopefully) a little wiser, I have stopped lying cause there is no need to anymore, anyways, for Saturday I had a brilliant plan to do something a my place, you know no one was going to be home, no parents no siblings no nothing, I thought to myself sweet! Anyways I had an idea in the back of my mind what I could do in my empty home and a very ingenious idea came to me, so I thought, instead of being all sneaky about it I'd tell mum to do the 'right' thing. I told her and you know what she said to me? NO! She gave me the crappiest reasons as well, its not like I was going to run a muck or anything like that but she said no all the same, I got really angry, I thought I could have done the dishonest thing and gotten away with it, but I did the respectful and right thing and I get told no! It really gets on my nerve, so ladies and gents my point to this storey is, if you want something done that wont harm anyone in anyway shape and form and you have to lie to do it, then it is better to lie!

11 Comments:

At 6:46 pm, August 09, 2006, Blogger Urkat said...

You know Bee, I agree with you in some ways. I've found sometimes that it's better to tell a white lie than hurt someone's feelings, but sometimes those fibs come back and bite me on my a--. But think too, your parents have a lot tied up in that house and what's in it, things they couldn't replace. Even though you'd take care that nothing was hurt or went missing, it's natural for them to be nervous. But of course I'm sorry your plans didn't work out.

 
At 8:15 pm, August 09, 2006, Blogger Ciaran said...

thanks for what?

 
At 10:08 pm, August 09, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So true.. partents suck sometimes but i find that when they say no they are probably saving you from doing something stupid.. not that im saying that i dont agree with you because you of all people know i do its just that if i was a parent i wouldnt particularly want my daughter to be home with a boy by herself when i dont know him very well.. im just taking a wild guess here ;)
love u

 
At 2:00 am, August 10, 2006, Blogger Ciaran said...

nice post belinda i am impressed.
whay kind of blog are we talking about here

 
At 11:06 am, August 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more, what you don't know, can't hurt you. Hope you have/had an awesome weekend despite the setback!
Look after yourself!

 
At 3:52 pm, August 10, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

I am with Urkat on this one. Lies tend to come right back around and bite me hard. You think that stops me from telling them. I lie every so often, alot of of the time certain things just don't need to be told so it is easier to just lie about it. But hell even i don't like throwing big party's at my house cause i do have a few precious items i do not trust other people with. So yeah, it's really a two sided argument neither side being right.

 
At 5:54 pm, August 10, 2006, Blogger Mable said...

Honesty is always the best policy even though it is at the expense of enjoyment or fun. Whatever reason your mum gave you, she gave it because she was protecting the most precious and invaluable item in the house and that would be her daughter. I am glad you did the right thing by telling her but do trust the wisdom of her years because by knowledge or through intuition, she knows what is best. She may be wrong sometimes but she is also right most times. In one of my arguments with my teenage daughter, I ended it by saying "No matter how stupid my reasons may sound to you, the bottom line is "We are doing this because we are your parents and we love you."

 
At 10:51 pm, August 10, 2006, Blogger Ciaran said...

oh i just got your comment on led zeppelin sory i didnt reply earlier. Thanks led zeppelin are an awsome band i can play most of their songs on guitar.
whats your best song by em?
nice post by the way

 
At 9:00 pm, August 11, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If the only reason you told the truth was because you were sure you would get your way, you deserved to get hosed. Maybe your mum had some reason you weren't aware of or maybe she was paying you back for one of those past little fibs. If you don't like house rules, you can always cram all your stuff in your little backpack and find a place to live where you write your own rules.

 
At 2:32 pm, August 14, 2006, Blogger Sladed said...

Lying always seems to be one solution. It can come back to bite you if you're not careful. I suck at lying. Without knowing what plans got nixed, I can't take sides. It's such a bother when you are not out on your own and can make all your own choices and be responsible for them, right or wrong.

 
At 11:40 am, February 02, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unlimited Earnings Potential - http://1greatfuture.com

Our company is rapidly growing and offers you an extraordinary income helping others succeed. The primary requirement is to follow up on client inquiries and point them in the right direction. It is stress free, rewarding and straightforward work.

For complete details: http://1greatfuture.com


(Please feel free to delete this post if you don't want it on your blog. Thanks for the informative blog and opportunity to post.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home