Friday, August 04, 2006

My muse

I was lucky enough to go see the Picasso exhibition whilst its here in Melbourne (go have a look its amazing) and when I was looking at the pieces that were on display I began thinking about what gives people such inspiration to be so passionate about something, what different people may use as a muse to give them such inspiration. One of the things that I loved about the Picasso exhibition was the piece called: Dora Maar et le Minotaure, it got my mind working over time about muses Then I got to thinking about what gives me inspiration in my life, to want to push myself hard in order to be the person I wish to become and achieve everything I set out. My muse is a combination of several things that make me emotional, not only in a negative way, but more positive emotions, when I get passionate I like to express it and lately I have found that my muse is my little sister, my fatties and my partner. All tremendous people who give me strength and hope to be the best person I can possibly be, I owe them so much and when one day I am successful and fully content it will be because of them. Thank you guys, you don't know how much it means to me. I find I am drawn to people who have a light about them, something that makes them shine out above the rest, but that's just me. So what is everyone else passionate about, and what gives you so inspiration to be so passionate?

11 Comments:

At 4:00 pm, August 04, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very good blog entry. Indeed it was a great expo, my favourite peice how ever is called 'guernica' which from memory was done in 1937 or 1938. i think 1937. His best work is the work that looks abnormal, its so much better than a drawing or art peice that looks life like because it makes you think, what made him do an art peice like this? what was he thinking at the time? what was his intentions? it just lets your imagination run wild. Where as something thats life like, i beleive it leaves no questions for your imagination.

anyway pumpkin, just my opiinon.

great day.

Luv Trent xoxox

 
At 4:08 pm, August 04, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

Hard question, alot of things motivate me. One of the main things is love, the love of my 2 girls Emma & Missy (Dog & Cat). But other than that it would have to money, i can always be motivated by the mention of money.

 
At 7:46 pm, August 04, 2006, Blogger Urkat said...

"when one day I am successful and fully content"

I've often heard it said, and find it to be true, that a lot of great art comes from "discontent" and that too much tranquility is not conducive to creativity. Read some quotes by Picasso himelf. He had a lot to say on the subject. Think about it, the best books are often about the worst kind of experiences, so it seems that being a great writer and living a pleasant life are incompatible aims.

 
At 7:50 pm, August 04, 2006, Blogger Urkat said...

Bee, go to this site to check out Picasso and other good quotes from all kinds of people.


http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/type/type_artist.html

 
At 3:06 am, August 05, 2006, Blogger Urkat said...

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/autho
rs/p/pablo_picasso.html

 
At 3:08 am, August 05, 2006, Blogger Urkat said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:29 am, August 06, 2006, Blogger Urkat said...

You know the Minotaur must've had trouble getting a date. Or did he?

 
At 11:37 am, August 06, 2006, Blogger Urkat said...

Art attracts us only by what it reveals of our most secret self.
Alfred North Whitehead

Every philosophy is tinged with the coloring of some secret imaginative background, which never emerges explicitly into its train of reasoning.
Alfred North Whitehead

two quotes I find noteworthy on the subject

 
At 10:05 am, August 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A Muse.... I know not what I use for my muse, if I actually use or have one at all. It just seems that I am able to create at times and can only sit and stare at others. I find that I also force myself to create at times, this just ends up with bland, colourless music that should have no other place than the inside of an elevator. Collaboration.... now that is my real muse. Feeding off other like minded individuals, giving them ideas and drawing ideas from them.... at times, then again, solitude alos has comings and goings for my creative self. In short... I have know idead from where I get my ideas.

 
At 10:51 pm, August 07, 2006, Blogger brad said...

I've always thought passion was a good thing to have, though it's something I see in other people.

I'm glad for you that you have your passion and your muses.

 
At 12:17 am, August 09, 2006, Blogger Mable said...

Very thought-provoking piece. I really wish there were more young people like you where I come from -passionate about life, appreciative of art, music and nature and being level-headed and clear about how you should go about living life passionately and with lots of love and consideration for people especially those close to you. My muse is my family and all my life's decisions are centred around them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home