Tuesday, October 04, 2005

So sad....

Today I had my Italian practice exam and one of the tasks we had to do was pick a scenario and write about it. I happened to pick the first one which went something along the lines of; It is the third millennium, write a dairy entry about your growing concerns about the youth of today. I was excited because I knew it was something I could write on and all I had to do was translate it. It was so sad, the amount of problems there are with the youth of today, people of my age and even younger are facing. The other day when I was out I saw two twelve year old boys smoking and swearing and acting as if they were my age.....I saw girls younger then my sister act like they were women in their 30's who were in desperate need of sex....And it scared the hell out of me. Society has fallen so far so fast and I don't understand why....Don't people have respect anymore? Have the morals of our society so suddenly changed that it has now become okay for boys younger then fifteen to buy condoms so as they don't get their even younger girl-friends pregnant? I know that kids can be a handful especially when we are old enough and want some independence, but parents and guardians must also learn to be firm and be tough but allow enough freedom......After all kids don't start high-school till they are 12 to 13 years old. If we do not see a change in the way in which our ever growing society is down-falling then what are we to expect from the future?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home