Wednesday, March 08, 2006

why dont we wear gumboots anymore?

This is a conversation I had with my friend James

James says: I like it to be cool
Belinda says: I like winter, I enjoy rain, I enjoy being caught in the rain and I wish I had a pair of yellow gum boots
James says: ahhh I remember gum boots
James says:why do we stop wearing them?
Belinda says:I don't know......

Why do we stop wearing gumboots? I for one love to take strolls in the rain and get caught in it, its soothing and it seems so childlike and innocent one of the few simple pleasures in life....so why did I stop wearing gumboots? Perhaps it is because that it does not seem acceptable for an older person to be splashing around in rain water. or perhaps we have simply chosen to believe that this childlike behavior is to simple and innocent to be displayed and acted out in the 'adult' world. I can think of many reasons but I want to know why other think we stop wearing gumboots?

9 Comments:

At 8:43 pm, March 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey bee!!

as you know, i too am another fan of the cooler, overcast weather and yes the rain. its getting ever closer to that time of year when the puddles will be many in number and then, yes then gumboots or not itll be you and me... showing all those puddles a thing or two. just you wait and see

luv you heaps and heaps
XISIX

ps MWAH

 
At 8:47 pm, March 08, 2006, Blogger spicey pineapple said...

yes isi we shall and there will be many puddles and we will have gumboots and ejoy the simplicity

 
At 9:01 pm, March 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i whole heartedly agree with you bee. maybe we should make this the new trend and eliminate emo's and skank mullets. and i remember how fun it was to stomp in puddles :)

 
At 10:32 pm, March 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've got to be careful though. Puddles are fun, but mud isn't. Pick your puddles carefully!

 
At 4:48 pm, March 09, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a pair of red gumboots as a kid that i was so attached to im surprised i didnt wear them permanantley... I had them for over a year and my mum kept trying to get me to throw them out because she said i was to big for gumboots but I wouldnt let her... then one day they disapeared. I was about 7 or 8 at the time.

Just yesterday me and her were talking about how cold its going to be walking from the staion on ballarat to uni in winter as it snows, she suggested gumboots and i laughed at the idea, but your right, why is the idea of wearing gumboots so socially unacceptable? they can be so much fun!

 
At 11:31 pm, March 09, 2006, Blogger Danimal said...

I'm gonna have to swing by and check this place out when i'm feeling better.

 
At 12:13 am, March 10, 2006, Blogger spicey pineapple said...

see i am glad you people agree with me, you what i am talking about. i think everyone should have a pair...if they want to that is but i am putting them on the things i want for my birthday list but the idea is already saved for someone who has already decided to get me a pair YAY!

 
At 9:18 am, March 11, 2006, Blogger Faerynight said...

Put on the gum shoes and stomp in all the puddles you can!! You only live once and it is fun!! I puddle stomp as often as I can, I play hopscotch at times too!!

 
At 6:51 pm, April 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i wore them yesterday, how funny!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home