Wednesday, January 25, 2006

MARRRRRGE!


I'm a huge Simpson's fan, love it, one of the best shows ever but something happened to me whilst watching one of my personal favorite episodes that made me think twice. Season 4- A street car named Marge, now this episode was based upon Tennessee Williams play A street car named desire and in the play Stanley (played by Flanders) is the brother in-law of Blanche DuBois (played by Marge). Now having all of this information cast your minds to the episode and the scene where Marge is trying to brake the glass bottle and she explains that she cant bring out the rage in herself because she doesn't know why Blanche is so mad at Stan. HELLO earth to Marge, Stan is an animal and tries to rape her and she cant see why she should be mad! And yet she is angered by Homer's stupidity and lack of sensitivity, I know its a cartoon but come on don't you think that is a little ignorant of Marge? Shame Jeff Martin shame!

5 Comments:

At 1:18 pm, January 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had no idea you would go into such detail lol.
I dont know what to write :S

I feel like pizza *MMM*
You still havent made my pizza from last year haha.

take care beautiful

 
At 1:23 pm, January 25, 2006, Blogger spicey pineapple said...

hahaha thanks david, i shall make you pizza one day but nt today its too hot.of course i would go into depth why wouldnt i it really rubbed me the wrong way!

thanks for visiting doll

 
At 10:28 pm, January 25, 2006, Blogger spicey pineapple said...

but seriously this issue really did rub me the wrong way, how could you do something like that even in a cartoon rape is something to be very angry about so many people experience it (which is sad) so i dont understand why a certain writer had to use that....its not cool at all

 
At 12:36 pm, February 19, 2006, Blogger SamuRyan said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:37 pm, February 19, 2006, Blogger SamuRyan said...

Check out this Homer Simpson tattoo

By the way, this is not me.

Mmmm, tattooooos.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home