Friday, October 28, 2005

Its the thought that counts

Okay so we were allowed to take home our English exam question booklet and one of the articles that he had to analyze made a point to me about something. I will write what is says and then explain what I mean

Picture this: it's valentine's day and your pattern has just emailed through an e-card complete with dancing sheep and the words "I luv ew", how sweet, you think. Just as you're about to show it off to a colleague, you notice her opening a thick, red envelope that sprinkles fragrant rose petals as she releases a handwritten letter. It's a note from her boyfriend and by the time she puts it down, she's blushing pink, leaving your e-card somewhat pale by comparison.

I would like to point out that people communicate in different ways and some people find an e-card a sweet gesture (I for one like the pen and paper more so but I am happy either way) its the thought that counts. If I received an email, that was not a forward and was written for me, from someone I liked it would make me smile like crazy! I am a big believer that is the little things that count. People say that the way to a mans heart is through his stomach, the way to mine is by small sentimental gestures even a text!

1 Comments:

At 8:53 pm, October 31, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's true, the thought does count, every gal loves to get some recognition from the some that they like...especially if it is sentimental and a small thing

great blog, keep it up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home