Sunday, October 23, 2005

Opportunity comes to those who seek it...question is what are you seeking?

Ladies and gents I was told that this topic would make for a good blog post, so being in the mood to try and find out the true meaning behind this certain topic I am giving it my attempt to give it some meaning or uncover some truth. Hopefully the person who suggested it will leave me an anonymous comment and tell me if I had any clue about what I am about to write.

Opportunity comes to those who seek it...question is what are you seeking?

Most of us seek the opportunity to fulfill our basic needs in life, to be happy and healthy and be successful in whatever we choose to pursue and when those opportunities present themselves we take them in hopes to fulfill these elements in life. Yet in everyday life we are presented with so many different opportunities and yes it does depend on what you seek, for me I seek an enter score to get into my desired course at uni my opportunity is now, a week off of school to study until I can study no more so I may achieve my desired results.
Perhaps opportunity presents itself for those people who seek something that is obtainable, true opportunity, not like playing a pokie machine in order to seek money but something along the lines of seeking a way to help those who are in need and then having the opportunity to be a blood donor, or do the forty hour famine.
Opportunities should not be taken for granted, especially those that come along once in a blue moon, ones like being able to go to Parliament house and speak and even have a adjournment debate recorded whilst being a member of the YMCA. Or meeting someone who has a genuine disposition and cares what you have to say and takes an interest in what has been said and then being able to keep in contact with them.
If we seek things that are obtainable, then surely opportunity may only need to come along once so we can have the things that we seek the first time around. Having said this we should take the time to sit down and think about what it is we truly seek so we may have the opportunity to fulfill it, obtainable goals and dreams we wish to fulfill.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home